Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yesterday was October 1st...D's big day

Yesterday was October 1st(big D's b-day) at our house. Ryan's big brothers wedding is on the real October 1st so we decided to make the big day come a few days early ....Before I get to the events of the day I have to say I LOVE THIS KID! He is the sweetest, most loyal, most tender kid who has the best memory and so much personality. I love how every night before he goes to sleep he tells Ryan and I that he is going to be with us forever and he is glad Heavenly Father let us be his parents. I can't imagine life without Dallas in it, Happy 5th birthday big D!


Now on to the day's festivities:) We started out with the annual treasure hunt for his presents. Ryan's Mom used to always do that when he was little and it is such a cute tradition. Ryan spent forever coming up with all the clues. It is hard to find rhyming words late at night:)





Big D was superman for awhile


and Batman for awhile. (he kept saying, "batman never smiles" and while he was batman he didn't either.)
We went to his favorite spot for lunch, he calls it Pig restaurant.

I took some 5 year old pics of him




and then we had his party. We had to tie this balloon to Dylan's belt loop so we could see where he was going. It worked very well and kept him entertained for the full 3 hours.

Dallas and his best buddies
Dylan focusing on the pizza

Dax is always there to take care of Grady and Dylan.

Can you tell D was happy:)


I never got a good shot of all the kids and all the adults....the peter piper hostess wasn't great with a camera, and I guess neither was I. Dang!

Aunt Terri and Uncle J.T. came and D was so excited(J.T. is the one getting married on the real Oct.1st)


It was a great day....Love you Dallas!!


















5 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

oh d... you r deffenatly the cutest kindest most loyal 5 yr old around. and you are so lucky to have your mom and pops. im so glad oct. 1st came a little early cuz i dont know how much longer we could have waited.

pp was awsome, even if the hostest sucked with the camera, to b truthfull im wondering if it was an off night for the camera working cuz the shot of the family looks a little blurry too. it was fun too meet all the gilbert crew, see matts dissapointed eyeballs, and to play hoops... my boys were in heavin you really cant beat a night like that.

happy birthday dallas, we love you!!!

Trisha said...

Happy EARLY Birthday Dallas! Raegan is sending your birthday smooch your way, if only she could give it to you in person :(

You are a winner of a kid, and we miss our almost daily playdates. We miss Raegans "boyfriend" and your awesome smile. Hope the real day is great too, what more can a kids ask for than 2 BIRTHDAYS??

Jer and Cam said...

Happy Birthday Dallas! Those costumes look high quality and they suit him so well - he is a super hero! Love how he stays in character! (Also love your necklace btw so cute!) So sorry Virgina Metcalf from the AZ lottery added a little anxiety to his bday celebration day...believe me she would have picked a different day to give you a jingle had she known:)

jeannie said...

Ah Man I missed the PARTY!! Looks like so much fun and D's smile is priceless! I love that kid!

PS I have to say I LOVE your necklace it is gorgeous!!

Happy Birthday Dallas we love and miss you xoxo!

jenny said...

happy birthday, dallas!! alex and i sure do miss you. what a fun birthday! are you going to be superman or batman for halloween. :D